Thursday, June 2, 2011

Staying in the moment.


Good afternoon lovelies! Hope you all had a great morning! I sure did. Today is day 2 of the 30 Day Challenge, so I kicked off my morning with a nice 60 minute yoga class :) Let me share today's quote with you!
"Breathing in, I calm body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment, I know this is the only moment." -Thich Nhat Hanh

I like this quote because it is something I really need to focus on in my practice- staying in the moment. Not thinking about the pose that just happened, or the poses to come, but focusing on my breathing, and how my body feels in the pose I am in in the moment.

---

I started off my morning with a nice tall glass of water and a banana like yesterday so I wouldn't be too full (or too hungry) before yoga. The banana wasn't quite enough today though, cause about 15 mins into the class I could feel my stomach begging for more food- luckily I packed a ton of snacks so I grabbed a Carrot Cake Clif Bar after class was over.

I picked one up last night on my way home cause it was on sale, and it sounded pretty yummy. It was good- but definitely not my favorite. It did taste surprisingly like carrot cake- but I think it was a bit too sweet for me. Maybe I would like it more as a dessert snack, and not when I'm super hungry like I was this morning.

Anyway, I have some experiments to do this afternoon, so I'm off for now!

xo April

1 comment:

  1. so excited to be bloggybloggin again! haha
    trust me when I say sucking it all will be 110% worth it- even after a few days I am hooked again!
    Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete