Tuesday, June 7, 2011

End of week one :)

Today got off to a bit of a late start- I was a little anxious about the upcoming changes in my life (updates soon I promise)- so I stayed in bed a little longer than usual.

Breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary, but was still pretty tasty.A nice big bowl of Kashi Go Lean, with a sliced banana and a drizzle of raw agave :)


Once I was ready for my day I headed in to the lab to set up for some experiments I am gonna do tomorrow, and to analyze some data I've been putting off for a while.

Since data analysis doesn't really require me to be in the lab, I decided to head over to Just Us! for lunch. I grabbed a paratha and a cup of their "12 Apostles" single origin coffee.



The paratha was just enough, and super delicious (I am addicted to the tamarind sauce they serve it with!). The coffee had a really nice flavor, but I just wasn't feeling coffee like I thought I was so I didn't drink most of it :(

After lunch I decided to stay and do some work at the cafe, after all the view from the window seat is a lot more pleasant than staring at the wall of the student office in the lab.


Plus, there weren't a lot of people upstairs when I was there, so it was really easy to concentrate on my work.


I worked until about 430 then headed back to the lab to set my experiments up before heading home to make supper. I was kind of full cause I had been snacking on fruit all day, so I just made up some brown rice macaroni and stirred in a teaspoon of vegan margarine, some nutritional yeast, sea salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and spinach that I wilted in the microwave first.


It was not fancy by any means, but it was tasty, and the perfect amount to eat before heading to yoga.

---

I decided to go to a late night class tonight to mix things up a little. Thankfully I registered online, cause by the time I got to the studio there was a line up of people! I forgot how busy classes are in the evening compared to in the morning.

The quote of the day for day 7 is...

"If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace."

-Thich Nhat Hanh

There was a lot of focus on smiling again this evening which I really enjoyed. It can never hurt to be reminded of the many benefits of smiling :D

On my way to yoga I snapped this picture, which I think goes nicely with the peaceful theme of today's quote.

A pretty rainbow over the water behind the supermarket! It's always nice to see a rainbow after a day full of showers. Thankfully it's supposed to be super nice tomorrow, fingers crossed for dress weather!

Night Lovelies, see you tomorrow for the beginning of week 2! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment