Good afternoon Friends! I hope everybody has had a good start to their week!
My Monday was pretty good as far as Monday's go. I got a bit of a late start to the day, and spent most of my day in the lab. The weather here has been awful (aka rainy) for about a month now though, so being inside isn't all bad. I had planned on heading to the gym after work to get in some cardio/weights- but when I sent my friend a message to ask her to join me she convinced me to join her for a little late night Moksha Yoga instead.
(alas I was not outside- but the hot room was a wonderful alternative the the wet outdoors!)I was really looking forward to the gym, but I am glad I was convinced to change my mind, because as it turns out Yoga was exactly what my body needed last night. The instructor just happened to be one of my favorites, who is sadly leaving at the end of the month :( She is however going to be opening her own studio in St. Catherine's Ontario, so it is good news for her.
Anyway , I got there, not too sure if I really wanted to be there- I had to use a rental mat, and the clothes I had weren't ideal for the hot room, but I decided to really push myself to my edge and get the most out of the class. It was like Tracy new exactly what I needed to get out of the class- and that is what she made it. It was amazing, one of the better sessions I have been to in a while.
One thing that really stood out for me was the encouragement to "come out of the mirror, and into your body". I find too often I will get caught up with trying to make sure my alignment is right by looking in the mirror- when really I should feeling if my body is properly aligned, and not letting myself get distracted by my reflection, and the reflection of everyone around me. I think next class I'm gonna try and go to the back of the studio, where it is almost impossible to see the mirror, and really challenge myself to feel my way through the class.
After class last night I decided that I definitely want to do the 30 Day Challenge during the month of June. Without course work, and with 10 classes a day on weekdays, and 4 on weekends I can surely find at least one a day that fits into my schedule! Plus, my friend (slash former pseudo roommate) Heather has agreed to do it with me! I'll make sure to post more details as the Challenge approaches, and you can look forward to regular updates about my progress next month!
I saw this 23 Questions thing on Gabriela's blog today, and decided to do it myself, so here goes...
1. What is your mom's best friend's name? Stacey
2. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole? I don't think I have any in weird places.
3. Who was the hottest teacher you ever had? I don't remember his name, but I had a pretty attractive student teacher in high school.
4. Have you ever made out in a movie theater? sadly yes, haha.
5. What body part do you wash first? My hair.
6. Do you hover over the toilet in public bathrooms? It all depends on where I am, and how clean the bathroom seems haha.
7. What is the strangest talent you have?
8. Do you have an innie or outie? Innie.
9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block? I don't drive haha- but I like to think I could parallel park if I had to.
10. What shoe do you put on first? right?
11. Have you ever been cow-tipping or snipe-hunting? No...never saw the point really.
12. If you had to choose to never wash your bed sheets again or never wash your towel again, which would you rather not wash? I love having clean sheets, so I'd have to give up towel washing, I'm sure I could find an alternative.
13. What was your childhood nickname? April-D.
|(Such a little fashionista, haha)|
15. Have you ever bitten your toenails? I have not, I remember trying once when I was little cause I read that one of the spice girls did. I couldn't reach though, thank god.
16. How do you eat your cookie? I tend to break off little pieces instead of biting right into the cookie.
17. When working out at the gym, do you wear a belt? nope.
18. Name something you do when you're alone that you wouldn't do in front of others. sing, it's for the protection of my loved ones haha.
19. How often do you clean your ears? More than I should- I'm a little neurotic about it to be honest.
20. Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper? Scrunch.
21. Do you have any strange phobias? I'm afraid of seagulls, and really most birds.
23. Do you freak out when you feel a sneeze coming on when you're driving? Again, I don't drive, but I think I'd be ok with a quick sneeze.