Wednesday, June 1, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 1

Today was the official first day of my Moksha yoga 30 day yoga challenge!

What is the 30 Day Challenge? Well, it's exactly what it sounds like, a challenge to attend 30 Moksha Yoga classes in 30 days.

I've been practicing Moksha yoga fairly regularly for about 3 years now, but haven't been making it out as often as I like lately. I've either been too busy, or too tired, or too poor - you name it, I had an excuse for not going. When I received my May email from the studio announcing the 30 Day Challenge for the month of June I decided it was time to stop making excuses and to get back at it.

When I was practicing regularly I just felt healthier in so many ways- I was less stressed, had nicer skin, ate better food, was thinner. The list of benefits goes on and on, but most importantly, I am a much happier person when I am attending yoga on a regular basis.

Now doesn't that girl look happy?



“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”
-Dale Carnegie

That is the quote for Day 1 of the Challenge (we get a new quote everyday). I think it applies to most things in life- if you truly enjoy doing something you will be so much more motivated to work hard at it.

---

Since I was heading to yoga at 8am this morning I didn't want to eat a lot when I woke up, so I just grabbed a banana and had a nice tall glass of water to kick start my day. After yoga I drank about 1/2 of an Odwalla Original SUPERFOOD smoothie and continued to pound back the H2O.


I usually like to make my own smoothies, but this one was on sale yesterday when I went to stock up on veggies, and is super delicious!

As far as actually meals go for today I had a very "Oh She Glows" day- I have been following Angela's blog for a while now, and finally decided to try a few of the recipes.

For lunch I had some leftovers of last nights supper- I whipped up the Lightened Up Protein Power Goddess Bowl.


This was absolutely delicious. I used quinoa in mine and added in some red pepper flakes - incredible. I can see this becoming a summer staple- super easy to make, really filling, and delicious!

For supper I decided to try out another recipe I had come across, the Asparagus and Potato Salad - and I topped it off with some Banana Soft Serve for dessert!


The salad was absolutely incredible! I love the taste of dill- and it went perfectly in this salad with all of the other flavors. I used red skin potatoes in mine because my roommate bought some at the market and they needed to be used before they went bad.

The soft serve was a perfect dessert- I added some chopped up dark chocolate to mine instead of the cocao nibs, and had more chocolate on the side instead of graham crackers haha.

After dinner I went on a nice long walk with my friend Bhreagh around the city, and finished the night off with some green tea at a nearby coffee shop.

I hope the rest of my week goes as well as today! Now I'm just finishing up some laundry before bed and watching Pleasantville on Netflix!


I love watching a good movie that I've already seen before bed, it's nice and relaxing, and if I fall asleep it doesn't really matter cause I already know what is gonna happen :)

Well, the dryer is buzzing, so that's my cue to sign off.

xo April

No comments:

Post a Comment