Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 3!

I completed Day 3 of the 30 Day Challenge this morning with a 930 class before heading into the lab. I really like going to morning classes- It wakes me up, and gets me pumped up for the rest of the day. Don't get me wrong, it is a great feeling to unwind with a nice 9pm class- but the energy I get from practicing in the morning is really fantastic :)

The instructor this morning kept reminding everybody to smile, especially during the really difficult poses. She told us about a video that she had watched all about the wonderful benefits of smiling- you should definitely check it out!





Before I move on to today's eats- here is the quote for Day 3!

“Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well. “

-Mohandas Gandhi

---

The morning was started off with the usual pre-yoga banana, but since I was up for a few hours before class I had a Peanut Butter Lara Bar as well- it was just enough food to get me until the end of class. And of courseI made sure to have a giant glass of water this morning too! After class I went to the little grocery store across the street to pick up something for lunch, and to grab a post class treat :)

I went to the salad bar and got my lunch : spinach, carrot, red cabbage, red and green onions, chick peas, mandarins, craisins, trail mix, and berries with a sesame thai dressing- delicious! (but sadly forgot to snap a picture)

Pete's Power Booster :)

For my post yoga snack I grabbed a Power Booster Juice (apple, carrot, lemon and ginger). This is my favorite juice at the juice bar- really yummy, and a great wake up drink.

I had some experiments to do in the lab today- so I spent most of my day there. I had to be there a little late tonight so I grabbed a snack around supper time to last me until I got home. There is a Starbucks near school ,and even though I don't like to drink coffee from there (I'd rather one of the local cafes) they have a really good salt and pepper popcorn snack that I love!

It's a nice light snack (only 150 calories in the whole bag!) and it has a pretty minimal ingredients list. Plus it's only 1.50$, so it's a win win win snack, haha.

For supper I made some Crispy Tofu from a recipe that the bf's mom gave me. I'm not really sure where it's from, cause I just have the photocopy- I'm pretty sure it's from a magazine but I have no idea which one.

The recipe is super easy though- you just drain some medium firm tofu, cut it into 4 1-inch slices, and dry it on some paper towel for ~20 minutes. Then heat 1/2 cup of peanut oil over medium heat. Just before adding the tofu to the pan, coat the pieces in corn starch and fry them for 8-10 minutes, turning them once. They should be golden brown when they're done:)

On the side I made up some Vegan Yum- Yum's Chili-Almond Asparagus !


For dessert I did up some more Banana soft serve, but this time I added strawberries. The verdict? AMAZING. It is definitely going to be a staple of mine on warm summer days.


Now I am relaxing and watching A League of Their Own before heading off to bed. I think I used to watch this movie once a year when I had cable- so good!


I've got a fun filled morning of yoga and the farmers market tomorrow before one of my very good friends comes into town for the day!

Later lovelies!

xo April

No comments:

Post a Comment