Monday, January 10, 2011

Holy stress batman!


Sorry for the few days of zero updates- I promise I haven't fallen off the planet. I've just spent the past few days with my nose buried in a pile of research papers attempting to get the first paper of the semester done and submitted for first review. I'm happy to say that it is finally off to my supervisor and I don't have to think about until the edited copy comes back to me.


Sadly I haven't made it to the gym in a few days either- but that I'll head back tomorrow and get back in the swing of things.

Saturday I made myself some Chana Masala for lunch and took the rest to work (although thanks to the longest shift ever I didn't get to eat it until like 1130 at night when I finally got off and was STARVING!)


Quick and easy Chana Masala

1/2 onion
several cloves of garlic
1 can chickpeas
juice of a lemon
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. turmeric
(the recipe usually calls for garam masala but I didn't
have any so I used turmeric instead, it was still delicious!)
1 large handful of spinach

Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and garlic- cook a few minutes until the onions go clear.
Add the chickpeas straight from the can- including the water (or if you'd prefer you can rinse them and just add water I'm sure it would work just as well)
Add the lemon juice and spices.
Cover and simmer for 10-15 mins.
Add the spinach and let it cook until it wilts
Serve and Enjoy :)

I've also been making some DELICIOUS green smoothies the past few days, I am officially addicted all over again :)

Yesterday morning I woke up in what seemed like a winter wonderland! We haven't had any snow all winter, and then I woke up to a beautiful snow covered city- I wish I had snapped a picture!

I spent my day camped out at Uncommon grounds , another great local coffee shop here in Halifax :) I had what they call a vegan bar for breakfast (It's kind of like a banana bread with carob chips inside- so good) with a fantastic half sweet soy London fog :)

After a long day of paper writing I treated myself to some take-out pad thai for supper (and had the leftovers today for lunch!)

Last night my fantastic roommate made some glorious vegan cupcakes for her bake sale today (that and a bunch of other really yummy ). As the vegan of the house I got to have one to make sure they were good (and they were fantastic- I might make some of my own later this week!)


That's all I've got for now! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment