Sunday, January 2, 2011

April 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well, I'm sad to report that the 30 Day Challenge did not work out this time, and neither did my grand notion of healthy eating. But, it is a new year, and with that comes a clean slate (sort of).

I have decided to make the most of 2011 starting with a few goals for April 2011 ( I don't like making resolutions, so I just create an updated version of myself each year :) )

April 2011...is going to start paying off her debt and saving money :)
This means no more spending crazy amounts of money on take-out, and eating at restaurants, or buying clothes and other things that I just don't need.

April 2011...is going to cook more (and cook healthy VEGAN foods!)

April 2011...has a gym membership-and plans to use it!
I've never been much of a gym person- but I like the idea of exercising around my schedule. Sometimes I don't have the time to make it to organized classes and such, so this might be just what I need right now to get back to being healthy and fit!

April 2011...is going to work hard at her Masters and get it done so she can move on to what is next.
To be honest, I rushed into the decision to do a masters- I should have thought it through. Now it seems it might not be the right choice for me- but I'm in it- so I'm going to make the best of it, and hopefully find some joy in it along the way.

So far so good on my 2011 goals.

I made it to the gym today- and although I'm sure I'll be hurting tomorrow, it felt great!

I also made a delicious (and vegan) supper!

Quinoa and black bean stuffed pepper

First, cook 1/2 cup of quinoa.
While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the rest of the "stuffing"

3 Mushrooms,chopped
1/4 Onion,chopped
3 cloves of garlic,chopped
1/2 carrot,chopped
1/4 zucchini,chopped
handful of spinach
1/2 can of blackbeans
1/4 tsp cumin

Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat, add above ingredients and cook 3-5 mins.
Mix the ingredients from the pan with the quinoa and add 1 cup of tomato sauce, mix.

Cut the top off of a bell pepper (whatever color you like, I used an orange one)- remove all of the insides, and replace with your "stuffing" (there is enough stuffing for 2 medium size peppers).

Bake at 350 degrees for 45mins to 1 hr, and enjoy!




(I'll get better at taking pictures I promise!)

Anyway, I have a paper due in 5 days, so off I go!

April xo

No comments:

Post a Comment