Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Justified Absence.

Ok lovelies I know I've been gone for a few days- but I promise I have a really good excuse, which I will share with you in it's very own post tomorrow! But first, here are the quotes from the past few days of the 30 Day Challenge...





Day 8

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”
-Henry Ford

Day 9

“Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection”
-Mark Twain

Day 10

"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion."
-Thich Nhat Hanh

Day 11

“Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it with use.”
-Ruth Gordon

Day 12

“The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time”
-Abraham Lincoln

Day 13

"All great achievements require time"
-Maya Angelou

Day 14

“Do or do not. There is no try”
-Yoda

So how have I been feeling the past week? AMAZING. I am thankful each and every day that I decided to do this challenge. I feel more alive than I have in months :)

One my of goals of this challenge has been to lose some of the weight I have put on in the last year. I can already feel my body strengthening and making its way back to it's most healthy place.

What I think is even more amazing though, is that this challenge is helping me accept my body for what it is each and every step along the way. It is really a powerful thing to accept that on a given day your body may be not exactly as you would like it. And beyond that, to accept that each day is an important step in the journey to your healthiest you. My body is not perfect today, and it may very well never be- but my body has worked hard today, and for the past 14 days, and for that, I am proud of my body as it is right now.

I am also trying very hard to appreciate the benefits of poses that may not be my favorite, like this one...

Bow pose, or Dhanurasana, is definitely not one of my favorite poses. In fact there have been days where I have flat out just decided not to do it. But on days when I start to think about how much I don't wanna do it I try to think about all of the benefits my body will receive if I just smile and breath through it.

Benefits

(taken from the Yoga Journal)
  • Stretches the entire front of the body, ankles, thighs and groins, abdomen and chest, and throat, and deep hip flexors (psoas)
  • Strengthens the back muscles
  • Improves posture
  • Stimulates the organs of the abdomen and neck

Anyway my loves, I am super tired, and am hoping to hit up the 8 am class tomorrow. I'm gonna head to bed, but I'll be back tomorrow with my big news, and the mid-point update!

xo April



No comments:

Post a Comment